The Richmond Neighborhood Coordinating Council provides a forum for Neighborhood Councils to exchange or pool ideas on community issues, to help solve neighborhood problems , and to function as a resource for information concerning public and private agencies, city government, and the legislative process.
• Are organized by people living in a specific area to deal with their neighborhood issues.
• Are open to the public, giving people an opportunity to speak out and to make a difference in
• Act on issues of crime, traffic, local schools, politics, and intended actions of government bodies.
• Provide organizational support for Crime Watch groups.
• Encourage and empower residents to take control of their communities.
• Assist in making the changes necessary for building a clean, safe, and attractive environment in
which we live.