RNCC Meeting Minutes, May 9, 2011
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:02 pm by President Bea Roberson.
2. MSP approval of the Minutes from April 11, 2011
3. Representatives from the following 20 neighborhoods introduced themselves and some gave reports:Carriage Hills North, Cortez/Stege, Country Club Vista, Fairmede/Hilltop, Greenbriar, Hilltop Villages, Iron Triangle, Laurel Park, Marina Bay, May Valley, North & East, Panhandle Annex, Parchester Village, Park Plaza, Pt. Richmond, Pullman, Richmond Annex, Richmond Heights, Sante Fe, and Southwest Annex.
4. Announcements from RNCC PIO: Janie Holland made a couple of announcements.
5. City Department Heads/City Official Reports:
Public Works: Yader Bermudez – Handed out the Public Works updates with the facilities, electrical, landscaping, streets, and signs divisions work being done. Also passed out the paving schedule through 6/3/11
Engineering Services: Edric Kwan – Passed out fliers for May 23rd workshop for WCCTAC. Hear about the proposed improvements and discuss ways to improve access to public transit.
City Manager: Rochelle Monk – passed out the City budget agenda presentation.
Mayor’s office: Marilyn Langlois – had dates for many things happening in May & June. 6/18 Juneteenth @ Nichol Park, 6/25 Native American PowWow.
Police Department: Chief Magnus – Crime is down in all categories comparing this year to last year. Successful gun prosecutions are responsible for less gun violence. !st reading of the noise ordinance passed. 2nd reading will be in a few weeks.
Code Enforcement: Tim Higares – They are working on a tow contract and a cut in fees for car tows of victims. Call for blight and abatement 965-4905. They are looking for ideas on how to follow up with their one block at a time activity. How to keep it going after they have been there. They have a pilot alley at Potrero & Hoffman to see if closing them up will work.
Environmental Manager: Lynne Scarpa – not there but her assistant brought a lot of information about energy and energy programs for repairs at your home.
Planning: Lamont Thompson – not here but sent his planning projects lists without the phone # of the planners.
6. Presentations: Michelle Seville from the City of Richmond Arts Commission to discuss some of the criteria for the new ordinance for mural art. Director of Finance Jim Goins gave his presentation on the 2011-2012 budget. We have about a 6 mil. gap at this time. There will be a budget meeting on May 24th
time TBA for all to attend that are interested in the City’s budget.
7. Old Business: Bea Roberson is going to NUSA since no one else was able to go.
8. New Business: PO box has changed! New PO box is located at Mira Vista Post Office and the new RNCC address is PO Box 5508 Richmond, CA 94805. Also Felix Hunziker from the North & East was asking for support for a letter he wishes to circulate among residents of Richmond regarding the Pt Molate Advisory Committee. The board was hand picked by the Mayor and does not show the diversity of the city. The openings for the committee was not well publicized as the Mayor stated. He would like to see that the committee is more of a fair representation of the city of Richmond.
9. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 9:30 PM.
Thank you to Iron Triangle, North & East & Snazz Catering for the refreshments.